I haven’t touched my camera for more than a month. I missed taking photos and most of all connecting with my clients, something I appreciate the most about my job.
Then I found out about Virtual Photo Sessions.
The good, old uncle Google helped me investigate the topic. You just need to connect through FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom and you can take photos of people remotely, even when they are on the other side of the World. Magic!
I decided to try it out with my friend.
I thought how weird it would be. Posing to a phone?:) But, it turned out to be so much fun! It was not only a fun and bonding experience but also a great way of creating unique memories from those unprecedented times. I know I will cherish those photos forever.
I loved the experience so much that I’ve decided to offer Virtual Photo Sessions for couples, families, and individuals.
Why should you do a Virtual Photo Session?
– It’s super fun! Do something creative while you’re at home alone or with your family (it’s a great way to entertain your kids!). It’s also a very bonding experience if you have kids or a partner to do it with.
– If you’ve been planning an engagement, an anniversary or another celebration that had to be canceled because of Covid-19, this is a great way to celebrate it regardless
– Create memories from those strange unprecedented times we’re living in right now
– Get new portraits for your social media
– Join the new trend – some of the celebrities who did Virtual Photo Sessions are Bella Hadid, Cindy Crawford, and Rosalía
What do I offer?
A 45-minute virtual photo session via FaceTime. I accept families, couples, and individuals. Till the end of May 2020, the price is 65 US dollars. The regular price is 80 US dollars. I accept PayPal.
What do you need?
1. iPhone or a laptop
You need to have an iPhone (it doesn’t matter which model), updated to iOS 11. You also need to have live photos turned on and the photos need to be saving to iCloud. You can do it in Settings, Photos, save to iCloud toggle on. After you update your phone and settings, restart it. We will connect via FaceTime.
If you don’t have an iPhone, you can use Skype or Zoom on your laptop.
2. Tripod for phone
If you have an iPhone, you will also need a tripod for a phone. If you don’t have one, you can get one cheaply on Amazon.
How does it work – step by step
1. Book the date for the photoshoot (you can do it here).
2. Prepare your house. Look for spaces with a lot of natural light. For example, a bedroom, kitchen, dining room, living room, etc. After you decide on the space, declutter it. I find that keeping things minimalistic makes all the difference.
3. Prepare 1-3 outfits. If it’s a family or a couple shoot, make sure you are wearing matching clothes.
4. Clean your phone’s camera lens with a dry cloth before the session.
5. Set up your iPhone on a tripod and get ready for our call!:)
6. The session lasts 45 minutes. You will receive the edited photos in the form of an online gallery up to 5 days after the shoot.
What to expect?
A fun, bonding experience and lifelong memories from the weirdest times of your life. You will receive an online gallery with 20 edited and photoshopped photos, up to 5 days after the shoot.
What not to expect?
Great quality photos. Remember it’s not a regular photo session with a professional camera. The quality of the photos will depend on the Internet speed and the model of your phone.